Iberian Traveler - Maribel's Guides
Cultural Tours of Spain, Portugal and France
- Tours are available year around and can be escorted or self-guided, chauffeured or self-drive.
- Escorted Tours have a guaranteed departure with a minimum group of 4.
- Regional Tours are normally limited to a maximum group size of 16.
- Larger group tours are available upon request.
Navarra and the Basque Coast
A 10-day guided tour exploring the wonders and beauty of the Navarran Pyrenees and the Basque coast from Biarritz to Bilbao.
Barcelona to Bilbao
Experience the art, architecture, languages and cultures in this unique luxury tour of northern Spain with this 10-day adventure that takes you from the wonders of Catalunya to the Basque coast.
Bilbao and Beyond
A 10-day historic and cultural tour of northern Spain and southern France, two countries that share a mythical heritage, a peculiar language, and an undeniable talent for gastronomy, all of which adds up to an experience of a lifetime.
This 10-day tour that takes you from Lisbon to Porto, Braga, Guimaraes and the Minho Valley wine region of northwestern Portugal.
Fiesta de San Fermin and the Running of the Bulls
Experience one of Spain’s greatest festivals. Join Peña Seattle in Pamplona from 2 to 10 nights between July 5 and 14.
Other Spanish festivals include San Sebastián-Donostia's Tamborrada in January, Jazzaldia in late July, and International Film Festival in September. Barcelona's Festes de La Merce and Guitar Festivals are two major attractions each year. San Isidro is Madrid's month long celebration. Semana Santa (Holy Week) in Sevilla and Málaga are "must-sees". Feria de Abril in Sevilla celebrates the Andalusian lifestyle. Madrid's Christmas Market and Madrid Fusion are two of the cities major draws during the winter months. Bilbao's BBK Live, Getxo's International Jazz Festival, and the Festival of Jazz in Vitoria-Gasteiz, the capital of the Basque country are important music venues. The Fiesta de Moros y Cristianos in Alcoy is a unique celebration of Spain's dramatic history, and the larger then life festival in Valencia, Las Fallas, is one of a kind.
See Spain By Rail for a Unique Travel Experience
- Choose an excursion through Andalucia on the Al Andalus, a Palace on Wheels, with the 3-night Sevilla-Granada, 5-night Sevilla-Madrid and 6-night Sevilla-Sevilla excursions with the first of nine departures on April 24, 2017.
- El Transcantabrico Gran Lujo takes you across northern Spain from San Sebastián-Donostia to Santiago de Compostela in a unique 8-day/7-night 5-star adventure with the first departure from San Sebastián-Donostia on April 29, 2017.
- Or go on a unique adventure on the El Transcantabrico Classico, which will take you from León to Bilbao, then on to Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, or do the reverse route starting in Santiago. 3, 4 and 7-night packages are available in 2017.
- The Espreso de La Robla offers a voyage into the nature and culture of northern Spain in 2017 covering 4-day/3-nights traveling through Castile and León in September and Cantabria and Asturias in August.